- Listening to Myles and Jillian in the backseat of the car discussing Star Wars characters and plot lines. Jillian is definitely more like me on the topic (just really not all that into it), but (like me) she cares about it because he does. The best part? She says R2D2 as R2Du2 every time, no matter how hard she tries.
- Myles and Jillian were swimming like little fish in the lake this weekend. We have overcome all of our fears of the water!
- Shopping for a new dress. Who doesn't love a new dress? I honestly believe that a dress that fits a woman properly is the most flattering article of clothing she could wear. Add a pair of heels (to improve the leg appearance and va-va-voom) and Viola! You are gorgeous!
- Father's Day at its finest. Jillian paddling my dad around.
- Jillian got her princess shoes for Brooke's wedding in the mail yesterday. When Ben commented on how cool they were, she corrected him... "They are not cool, Dad. They are beautiful."
- Myles is a planner. He loves to know what is going on for the rest of the week...month...and even farther out into the future. Inquisitive minds need to know these things, you know?
- Wearing skirts and dresses for work in the summer. It looks nice and it is more comfortable than pants and a dress shirt. It's a win-win!
- Every night after bath I brush Jillian's hair. Actually, it is really the only time I ever brush those curls...when they are wet! Anyway, every single night as I brush through those gorgeous locks she asks, "It is like Tangled yet?" as she arches her neck trying to get every last inch to count.
- We received our AAA trip tik in the mail today. It maps out our trip to Myrtle Beach later this summer. The trip will be 950 miles and it is spread over 38 pages. I'm glad I'm going to be able to turn the page a lot. You feel like you are really going somewhere with each page turn...kinda like crossing things off of a list. You know I love that.
I'm Better Off Without List...
- Hospital parking ramps. I don't like to generalize about different age groups, but goodness gracious! We pulled into the ramp and an owner of a Cadillac was just getting in their car. Despite the fact that the ramp had eight floors, the woman (read: crazy old lady) in front of us felt the need to wait and honk repeatedly for the Cadillac to hurry up and pull out. After backing up three separate times (and us backing up in turn) to create even more room for the Cadillac, she finally got her coveted first parking place in the ramp. Congratulations. What makes it even better? The Cadillac was now in front of us and proceeded to turn the wrong way on a one way in the ramp. Myles noticed and couldn't stop laughing about it...even hours later. A five year old could read the blatant signs that it was a one way...
- Hanging out on the beach viewing the most interesting attire (or lack there of). Actually, maybe I should have this on the other list because it made for such an interesting day. Have you ever seen a bikini where you couldn't actually visually see the bottoms under the overhang? I have. She would have looked so much better with a different suit choice. I'm wondering why I am so self-conscious in my strapless one piece...
- Macaroni snobs. Why won't my kids eat Kraft like every other kid? No...they have to have Annie's (organic macaroni). That is...unless we are at a restaurant. Then, they magically don't mind Kraft at all.