- Last night, I snuck up in to Myles' bedroom and invited him back down to eat a s'more and watch a few Olympic races with us. It was the highlight of his day. Such a simple way to make a little one feel so special. Don't worry - Jillian will have her turn sometime too.
- Both kids have been wanting to take showers each night, instead of baths. Monday I asked Jillian if she was like a teenager, since she takes showers now. "No Mom, I'm still little. I'm only three." Thank goodness.
- Remembering back to our first days in marriage and moving into our first apartment as we helped my sister and brother-in-law move into their first apartment. I will be forever fond of those memories, especially bright as we approach our ten year anniversary this weekend.
- Jillian's go to shoes are her Tom's. I love that she refers to them as her, "Tom Tom's".
- We tried on some dress pants that fit Myles in the spring. They are capris on him now...just a few months later. Looks like he grew a few inches...again! He is four foot tall!
- Both of my kids give me thumbs up signs daily. Not sure where it started, but I find myself giving them the same now when they are doing well.
- The beautiful owl I see most every night when I go running. I wish he would have been near me last week when a mouse ran right in front on me across the road!
I'm Better Off Without List...
- We had to leave the movie Brave this weekend because Myles was crying. Check that...he was wailing. The mom was just too mean to the princess for him. (Jillian appeared to be fine with it). On the bright side, I'm glad he has a sensitive and loving heart.
- The pre-vacation work freak-out that always gets me...every single time.
- The kid in front of me in church this week maintaining eye contact with me the entire time he fished a booger out of his nose. It was so lovely experiencing that moment with him...
Im sure that he was just using your beautiful face to concentrate...sometimes its hard to get those boogies out!! :)ReplyDelete
Lol. Too funny Bri!Delete
hysterical...about the kid and the booger. I think the pre-vaca freaking happens to all of us. Dave always says you sure do 'pay' before and after you go on vacation. But sooooo worth it and needed.ReplyDelete
Yeah, I guess we pay so we worry less while we are gone! :)Delete