Tuesday's Love and I'm Better Off Without Lists...
- Our amazing family for making our trip to Myrtle Beach possible. It was so amazing to know that our children were in loving care while we were gone.
- Jillian was proposed to at a birthday party this weekend. Her response? "No thanks. I'm playing in the sand now."
- Myles' excitement and smiles this morning after finding his tooth fairy letter and money. Absolutely adorable.
- I have heard "I love you" in tiny voices more in the last few days that I can ever remember. I think they might have missed me as much as I missed them last week.
- Wind farms. Some people complain about them, but I think they are beautiful. This area had hundreds of windmills. It was somewhere in Ohio...which should be on my better off without list. Seriously - how long do you have to drive in Ohio to go down south? FOREVER!!!
- Dance starts later in September for Jillian, but it began this weekend in her eyes. She danced and danced. I love how she uses the word ballet. "Mom, I'm going to ballet now." It is not somewhere she is going...it is something she is doing. She twirls, spins, and my favorite move has her arms spread wide and her leg kicked out behind her. A bit of a Titanic pose. Adorable.
- Jillian, while dressed in her very best princess dress this weekend, asked me to please hold her train "like you did for Aunt Brooke at her wedding."
- Yesterday while I was making the tooth fairy pillow, Jillian was busy running back and forth to the craft bins. She was sitting next to me making her own creation. She got out the glue and colored pencils and whipped up these portraits. One of herself (with brown button eyes) and one of her best friend, Myles (with blue button eyes). I love that she thought of the idea and made it happen...completely on her own! Not the best pic...sorry - you gotta look close!
I'm Better Off Without List...
- My email inbox after vacation. Yikes.
- Tearing up tonight sitting at the desk that Myles will sit in starting next week. His lovely teacher was talking about what kindergarten will be like and WHAM my eyes are welling with tears. I am such a nerd. Luckily, I think Ben was the only one that caught me.
- An all day meeting on my first day back from vacation. Ick.
- Getting rained out of our vow renewal in Myrtle Beach. We succeeded on a second attempt...which I will share with you as soon as I have pictures! Ben took this picture of me sopping wet after our first attempt. Why did I even waste time on my hair?
So glad you do this! I miss them so much! Need a fix soon!!ReplyDelete