Tuesday's Love and I'm Better Off Without Lists...
I'm Better Off Without List...
- During dinner, Myles was remarking about how great peas and pizza taste together. He decided to create his own pizza topping. Absolutely love it.
- Compromise with Jillian for tee-ball. She will wear the "Not Fancy" tee-ball uniform (why is it that I almost said outfit?!?), but she can also wear the bright yellow flower with her braided hair. Perfect balance of fancy and tee-ball. A little difficult to get the batting helmet on over the flower...but it's all good.
- Sliced jalepeno stuffed olives + sliced colby cheese + Rosemary & Olive Oil Triscuits = Amazing goodness. Seriously, I don't like any of the ingredients on their own, but stack them together and you get an amazing little appetizer. Stack recipe credit to my Aunt Kimberly and Uncle Martin.
- Myles asked Ben to teach him how to write his name in cursive yesterday morning. After school, every paper that came out of his folder for the day had his new curvy, loopy, fancy lettered Myles on it.
- This weekend, Ben and Jillian were waiting in the car for me to return while I dropped Myles off at a birthday party. She was getting tired and Ben suggested that she close her eyes and rest a while. "I'm not tired at all, Dad." I returned to the car and we made the quick trip over to the mall. She fell asleep on the way. When Ben unbuckled her carseat and she woke up, he mentioned that he was glad she could get a little nap in. "I wasn't sleeping Dad. I was just looking inside of my coat for something."
- Continued public tragedy in our country. I'm so sad to think about what kind of world are we raising our children in.
- My neighbors still have their Christmas tree and lights up...and lit. It doesn't necessarily bother me...I just don't understand it. Can I assume it is a fake tree??
The Triscuits sound good!ReplyDelete
Your kids are so cute! I've heard of keep the Christmas tree up all year but lighting it?? That's a new one. I would think it would make Christmas not so special if you celebrate it everyday.ReplyDelete
Peas on pizza works for me! :) And I was surprised enough to see Christmas trees up in late January... it's April now!!ReplyDelete