- Tonight after dinner Jillian and I did something I can honestly say we have never done before. We grabbed her pillow and a few assorted princesses from her room and headed into my room to cuddle and watch TV. It was awesome. I can't tell you how many times she checked to see if I was sleeping. Try laying in a bed after a long day all cuddled with a cute little girl watching cartoons and not close your eyes. It's a true challenge.
- These past few weeks while I have been missing all of you...we have been visiting zoos, trampoline parks, beach towns, pottery painting studios...playing laser tag, in the sand, the lake, and the boat...bowling, fishing...visiting with family from near and far...and having a darn good time. I love summer.
- This weekend we are headed to Chicago as a family. We go this weekend every year (sometimes with and sometimes without kids). Our anniversary weekend. The kids are so excited and we are looking forward to the fun!
- Going to bed that first night with clean sheets.
- Myles wrote an adorable story tonight about a squirrel in space. "Squirrel Pearl In Space" to be exact. I hope I have a budding writer on my hands.
- Tonight, I got to talk to my sister for a half hour, followed by a conversation with my Mom for another half hour. Love it.
- Watching Jillian's little hands painting her favorite color pink on her pottery yesterday at a studio. She was nervous and wanted help, but she moved her little fingers with precision and she completed a masterpiece. My favorite part of watching Myles paint? His pottery selection. He chose a trophy an wrote "#1 Myles" on it. He said, "Well, if you can't earn a trophy, you can always make one!!" Awesome.
- Michigan cherries. I seriously love them. Too bad I left $11 worth sitting on my desk on Friday to come back to the office today to find a furry, moldy mess. So sad.
I'm Better Off Without List...
- The upper 60s to low 70s late September weather that has been keeping us from the beach lately!
- Cracking my iPad screen while changing the cover. Seriously, I am not that strong. How in the world could that happen?!?
- Waking up at 2 a.m. to the sound of a dog puking.
- Pants. They are really overrated. I'm all dresses over here lately. Maybe it's because it is all that Jillian ever wants to wear...