· My latest dose of Vitamin D. I was able to do my long run this week OUTSIDE with the sun shining on my face!
· Tiny painted finger and toenails. I love it even more that she wants them painted and has a strong opinion on the color. In fact, when I don’t have mine done, she asks if I need her to do them for me.
· New library books each week for the kids. Something new to read to them…not just for the kids, but the Mom too!
· Gerbera daisies. Is there a more friendly and sunny flower? I don’t think so.
· My guilty pleasure…curling up on the couch with a blanket and watching mindless drama…the Bachelor. Don’t judge. This is raw honesty.
· Amazing conferences with Myles’ teacher. My big boy is ready for kindergarten! The best thing she said wasn’t about academics at all, “Myles has a compassion for other students that I don’t see very often. It is refreshing. He cares so much for his friends.”
· Watching my kids play together, hug, discuss the world around them, really anything but bicker.
· Our spring-like winter this year in Michigan. It’s darn weird, but I’ll take it.
· Peppermint tea. I’ve loved it since I was a little girl, thanks to my Oma (Grandma in German). Actually, Jillian had a sip during a tea party last week. “It tastes like…candy canes!!”
· Three words. Heated. Mattress. Pad.
I’m Better Off Without…
· Witnessing senior road-rage as a 90+ year old woman pulling into a handicap parking space honks and harasses a 90+ year old man trying his best to get out of her way. No, she didn’t hit him, but it darn was close. You could tell…she wanted to. (Actually, it was so funny maybe this is on the wrong list??)
· A work day trumped by a “fire drill” of a project.
· Whining… I was referring to children, but I suppose the adult variety isn’t all that pleasant either.
· Coffee. I try and try to like it. It sure smells a lot better than it tastes. I thought I would finally acquire a taste for it at 30. Nope.
· Running, running, and running some more…and weighing, weighing, and weighing…the same.