- Our Richland Community Library. This week, Jillian won third place in the Children's Book Week 2012 Contest! Her guess of 12,345 books was the third closest to the actual number of children's books (12,359) in the library last Thursday! Do you like our creative guess of 1-2-3-4-5? We collected our awesome prize of three books and a box of candy with pride. It was another example of an excellent program the library put together for local children.
- Eating ice cream (even if it is low-carb) on the front porch with my husband after the kids are in bed.
- Bedtime and song singing in our house. I love Jillian's wet little ringlets resting on my shoulder for her story. I love that Myles's song preference includes made up silly songs about our day.
- Myles has become a Star Wars buff. I am not into Star Wars in the least, but it is something he has chosen to love and he has a quest to know everything about it. Books, DVD, and countless complicated inquiries where I don't even understand the question, let alone the know the answer. He has stumped even the most dedicated Star Wars fan in our family. May the Force Be With You. ANNNDD...may he outgrow this lightsaber battling, galaxy fighting obsession before junior high.
- I signed Jillian up for dance class last week. Ballet and Tap combo class was full...but I think she will love Ballet and Hip Hop, don't you? She has been referring to it as Ballet and Hop Around. As much as she jumps around (practicing for her spot in the Izzone for college), I'm sure she is envisioning...jumping.
- Entourage. I miss seeing my boys E, Ari, Vince, Turtle, and Drama each week. I know I was not supposed to like it, since I am female. But...I loved it. No reason for HBO now.
Better Off Without List...
- Facebook statuses about vomit of any kind. It happens to be one the most unpleasant human experiences. There is no need to share it with me...and 400 of your closest friends. I actually get a sick feeling every time I read a puke status...like I can catch it just from reading the words.
- Snakes. They totally creep me out. When I was a kid, we lived in the country. Somehow a snake got into one of the bathrooms. It crawled into a hole in the bathroom scale. You could see his nasty body through the number window. The scale is probably still in the woods behind that house where we threw it. Think that fear of a snake is the toilet is just silly nonsense that is totally unwarranted? It can happen. Sick.
- Staying up late every night. I shouldn't, but I will keep doing it. For whatever reason, I never want to end the day. After the kiddos are in bed (around 8), there is still a whole second "day" to live. I'm definitely better off without that late night regret the next morning...but oh-well!