- Myles is over the moon about his new lofted bed. He has been "taking naps" with his bear, Teddy, just so he can spend time up there. We still have some painting to do, but as far as Myles is concerned...it is awesome! Jillian already has plans to transform her own bedroom... She has big dreams that include a lofted castle bed...hoping to hold her off for a few years.
- The excitement of both kids while shopping for school supplies. Who wouldn't get excited about the biggest box of crayons you have ever had? Both have already been coloring masterpieces all day.
- Today we went to the "party in the park" in our hometown. It was pouring, so it was moved indoors, but the kids had a blast. They had their faces painted (a rainbow for Jillian and a huge lobster for Myles), colored pictures, made sculptures, and played angry birds with real bird pillows, cardboard boxes, and stuffed pigs. The real thing is much better than the video game!
- Cuddling with Jillian after nap.
- Cloud dough!! Mix 8 cups of flour with 1 cup of baby oil to make soft and moldable dough! The kids loved it!! Even more than play-doh! We called our sand dough, because I used half regular flour and half wheat flour (because that is what I had) so it was sand colored. It kept Myles and Jillian busy for a long time!
I'm Better Off Without List...
- Having that freak out feeling about leaving my kids while I am in Myrtle Beach. I know they will be fine...but I will just miss them so much. I have never left them like this before! I'm so glad Ben is understanding and has left our return open-ended.
- I'm so happy Myles loves his new bed so much, but last night (his first night sleeping in it) I had a hard time giving him a kiss while he slept so peacefully. I can't even reach him now!
Post a Comment
Go ahead! Don't be shy...leave a comment! I would love to hear from you!