Tuesday's Love and I'm Better Off Without Lists...
I'm Better Off Without List...
- Myles is student of the week this week! As the first in his class to receive the honor, he has come into instantaneous rockstar status. As his name was announced on Friday, his whole class cheered. The love has continued..."Mom, when I walked into class (on Monday), these girls (which I won't name by name) just kept hugging and hugging me...They are just so excited that I am student of the week." The little family their teacher has created for their class is just too cute.
- Date night on Friday night. First a tee ball game, dinner with friends, and then just the two of us for chocolate fondue and blues music. We didn't even stop at a grocery store on the way home.
- Not sure which list this belongs on...but I am officially registered with Michigan State for my first course towards my Master's Certificate in Strategic Organizational Leadership & Management. Yup, pretty much...scared. You know, when you are working full time and running around like crazy with two amazing kiddos, you might as well fill your evenings with classwork. Right? Right.
- Tonight we ate our first dinner outside on our new deck. Construction isn't quite complete, but enough of it is done to set up our new table and Ben completed his fourth assembly of the chairs from hell last night, so we were good to go!
- Shopping for fun accessories for our new outdoor eating and lounging area. It may not be done, but I have already put a dent in my shopping responsibilities. I like those responsibilities much more than Ben's role in this whole thing...the building part.
- We made a quick trip the the library tonight after work. We found all of the best books the library had to offer...except one that Myles was after. Nothing a little Inter-library loan can't fix! He'll have it by next week!
- Myles's allergies are at an all time worst. We have an appointment with a specialist next week, but my childhood pediatrician's warning when Ben and I got married is ringing true... "You two are the worst allergy cases I have. Your kids are doomed." Not funny. I feel so bad to see him so miserable.
- The zipper on my favorite jeans broke this weekend. Maybe the zipper was a bit too stressed lately? Ugh. The repair will be complete by Wednesday. Thanks goodness for seamstresses.
- I have a zit on my face that resembles Texas. In shape...and size. Lovely. I admit, I look like a complete idiot right now. I searched blogs and came up with a honey and cinnamon concoction that is now dripping from my chin. It better work. My husband is laughing. AND honey is sticky.
"We didn't even stop at a grocery store on the way home." I love this. It's so amazing how quickly date night can turn back to reality when you enter a grocery store.ReplyDelete
And congrats on joining the ranks of working mom/student! Although your classes will be much harder than mine have been, I completely empathize with your struggle for balance.
You are so right about the grocery store Heather!! We tend to do it...often! You can be my role model on the whole class / mom / student thing!!Delete