Here are a few of my favorite gem comments and questions over the last few weeks. I thought I would share so you all can enjoy! I'm so glad I can always find humor in things and it doesn't bother me. I flourish in their realization of the awkwardness in the comments. So fun!
1. Are you pregnant? Oh good. I was telling (as she proceeds to list out people's names) that I thought your boobs and butt were a lot bigger. (Wonderful. I'm so glad I know that now. TIP: If you wouldn't typically talk to a women about her body parts before she was pregnant, probably shouldn't afterwards either.)
2. How old is your youngest? It must have been a mistake then, right? (Uhhh, noooo.)
3. Are you sure you aren't further along than you think you are? (Nope, but thanks for insinuating that I am already huge.)
4. Are you pregnant? Oh good. I was hoping you wouldn't just let yourself go like that. (Oh, are you pregnant then? HeeHee!)
5. When is your due date? February. Oh, so May huh.... Didn't you and Ben go out of town sometime in May? (Let's see here...no...never appropriate to try and guess when a child may have been conceived. And no, we didn't go out of town in May.)
6. Are you sure you are not having twins? (I must look like I am because I have been asked this a dozen times.)
7. Why would you want another baby when your kids are finally the age that they are self sufficient?
8. Does it bother you that with the age gap in your children, this one will practically be an only child? (At six and four, I'm sure Myles and Jillian will grow up alongside this baby just fine. Not to mention, what is wrong with an only child?)
9. Why would you try and wear those heels when you are pregnant? (Because I like them?)
10. A kid at Jillian's school ran up to me and asked, "Where is your baby?" Jillian answered for me pointing to my stomach... "Right there in that fat."
11. And my favorite awkward moment from the last time I was pregnant...just for nostalgia's sake... A male coworker put his hand on my belly. I put my hand on his. His response, "Point taken."
Any favorites you have experienced?