Tuesday's Love and I'm Better Off Without Lists...
- Baby laughs. Not just the little giggles, but those belly laughs that come from deep within, rooted in pure joy. Those baby belly laughs that cause the hiccups.
I'm Better Off Without List…
- My pride as I watch my girl dance in her dance recital. To my pure shock and amazement, she had her own little twirl solo in her ballet number. I had no idea. With a sleeping Stella in my arms, I found myself hitting Ben saying, "Do you SEE this!?!? Is that planned? Did they all just forget to do that twirl except Jillian?!?" Ben quickly brought me back to reality. "Yes, Nik, it looked quite planned." Ha! I asked Jillian why she kept such a big little secret from us. "Jillian, why didn't you tell us you had a solo?" "What's a solo mom?" She said she had told me. She repeated what she had said and I remember the conversation….guess I just didn't get it. Sweet girl.
- Watching the AAA Cardinals. I love every minute of it. Watching Ben coach, the boys make great plays and get better with every passing game, getting to know all of the kids on the team as I work in the dugout, and watching Myles have the time of his life. It's awesome. All of it.
- Family dinners out with great friends. Fun for all and priceless memories.
- Summer is finally here!! Thank goodness. You will never hear me say it is too hot. I love the heat and I love spending time outside!
- Sitting with Stella by the water under an umbrella watching Myles and Jillian play with their friends in the sand and water. Pure Heaven. I plan to do it a lot more often this summer.
- Evenings with Ben sitting on our deck enjoying a bonfire.
- Shark Tank Tuesday. Perfect for background TV while I write this blog post.
- School is out on Friday! Soon, Myles will be able to join us girls in our fun!
- Perennials blooming. No work and beautiful. Perfect.
- A sweetie baby. I have never met a baby as easy going as my girl. She continues to amaze me everyday with her chilled back nature. I can already tell, her brother and sister are her idols. From waving and movements to vocal inflection, she is already trying to copy every move they make.
- The noise of my Mommy brain running a constant stream of thoughts that seems to never shut off…."What does Myles need to take to school tomorrow? What day is Stella's doctor's appointment? I wonder what time we will play in the championship baseball tournament this week… Will Jillian still love dance if she moves up an age group that doesn't have all of her girlfriends? I need to do baby laundry. I need to get the monthly reports completed for the month. I wonder if I have enough wipes. I need to buy an end of the year teacher gift. I wonder if I have prepared enough for the meeting I'm running at work tomorrow… I wish I could work in the classroom this week… Father's Day is this week. Don't. Forget. The script runs through my head faster than I can speak it. Sometimes I wish I could just make it hush. Thank goodness for baby laughs and the silly kids that cause them. It always quiets the script. At least for a few minutes.
- My next home remodel project that we will likely begin this weekend. It will not help my Mommy brain script at all. The room will look great though!
Post a Comment
Go ahead! Don't be shy...leave a comment! I would love to hear from you!