Thought you might want to get to know me a little better... Here's a list of things you may not already know about me...the good, the bad, and the ugly.
25. My second toe is longer than my first. Freakishly longer. In fact, I have heard it referred to as E.T.'s finger. Skinny and boney at the joints. Awesome.
24. I am in debate with myself right now about daring to bare my silver streaked former home to two children in a bikini. I've been in a one piece since the kiddos, but my white stomach is begging to see the light of day. (Feel free to weigh in on this decision by commenting. I value your opinion.)
23. I love to read...especially to my kids. I'm hoping that they will fall in my footsteps and get into trouble after bedtime when they are older (like I did)...because they are reading. There is such a wonderful joy in cozying up with a good book and getting lost in the pages.
22. No matter how hot it is, I always want to have covers on me to sleep. I just can't sleep without them.
21. Every night I go to check on Myles and Jillian to see their cute little faces so peaceful and sleeping. It is a night time necessity for me.
20. My sock drawer has more running socks that dress socks. It proves to occasionally be a problem in the winter.
19. Wine makes me stuffy. It makes my nose so stuffy, in fact, that you might as well pin a clothes pin on my nose...it wouldn't change my breathing. It isn't even worth the side effects anymore.
18. The kids and I sing in the car. If we know the words, we will be belting them out. Jillian cracks me up at the amount of songs she knows the words to. And Myles? I love to hear his interpretation of the words in songs.
17. Real Christmas trees are a necessity in our house. I love picking it out, cutting it down, the whole kit and caboodle.
16. I have never had a cavity. Not one.
15. I hate thong underwear. If only I was born ten years later...I wouldn't know any different. Cheekies, no problem. Thongs, no thank you.
14. I read an article recently about how women are their most beautiful at age 31. I've got exactly one month left at 31. Better make the most of it! I was shocked by this number...I assumed the twenty-somethings would have the thirty-somethings beat by a landslide. I guess with maturity comes beauty?
13. I rarely eat red meat. I just don't like it all that much.
12. Now that I have a hybrid, I am obsessed with my gas milage. It's a game to me. How many miles to the gallon can I get on this trip?!? Can I get into the 50 mpg range? I sometimes (to myself) cringe when Ben gets in the driver's seat. I know my average for this tank of gas is about to take a hit. Idiotic...I know.
11. Eleven is my favorite number. Don't know why, it always has been.
10. I love sauces. Barbecue, sweet and sour, anything I can dip something in...I will. I have even been known on occasion to put barbecue sauce on mashed potatoes. Try it, you'll like it.
9. I never drank in high school.
8. We have a large children's calendar with weather and season charts hanging in our kitchen area. We write important days to the kids on the calendar and go through the weather and seasons each morning. The kids love it and the mini preschool lesson has them very familiar with their days of the week, seasons, counting, etc. They love knowing what to look forward to in the upcoming week. Changing out the calendar to the new month is always an exciting day in our house. (What has become of my life!)
7. I wait until the last possible minute to get up in the morning. Many times, it's not worth it when I look at how funky my hair looks when I get to work.
6. My favorite color is yellow. It always has been. How can the color of sunshine not cheer you up?
5. A fresh coat of nail polish can make me feel like a whole new woman. And yes, I apply it myself. I'm too cheap to go get a manicure. In fact, I have never even had acrylic nails.
4. I shave my legs every single day. Even in the winter. I can't sleep with prickly legs touching each other (and NO, I can't just tough it out until it gets long enough that it is not prickly.)
3. I hate the sound of people brushing their teeth. It gives me goosebumps. It is a showing of true love that I brush my kiddos' teeth for them.
2. I love the smell of coffee, but I hate the taste.
1. I love lists. Oh, you already knew that.