I'm feeling a bit grumpy this evening and actually didn't really feel like writing this post.
And then...I thought...the whole point of this post each week is to remind myself of all of the little things that I love in my life and what makes my life my own. So...I decided to write it...despite my grumpiness. Here goes nothing...
- Ben laughing with (at) me for being grumpy in the first place.
- Jillian and her love for school that has been gaining steam the last few weeks. Today she went to school with a secret letter sealed with stickers for one of her friends. I snuck a peek at the pictures she drew with her name printed in large capital letters (taking up 1/4 of the page). Adorable.
- I asked Myles tonight if his teacher will tell me (at his conferences) that he has been good. He said, "Depending on the day, Mom, she might even say that I am outstanding."
- I had a manicure (from someone other than myself) during a lunch hour last week. My second ever. The first? My wedding.
- I received a compliment on my hair today...and it looked bad. I put it in a high sock bun wet and just dried my bangs. The ultimate in laziness.
- When I was a kid and we were grumpy, my mom would tease us that she was going to, "Get the grumpies out." She would chase us with a rolling pin and would roll it on our little tummies until we were laughing so hard we couldn't remember what we were grumpy about. Worked every time.
- My bowl of ice cream, peanuts, and chocolate syrup that I am eating right now. It's not even sugar free. It worked. All better.
I'm Better Off Without Lists...
- Movie 43. We don't really pay much attention to movie previews anymore...but from now on...we will do our "research" before picking a movie for date night. (Yes! We actually went out on Saturday night.) It was honestly the dumbest movie I have ever seen. Ben was laughing...but not at the movie...at my reaction to it.
- Internet obsessing. Whatever the topic...I should just close. the. laptop. You know you have done it.
Oh Ice cream with peanuts and chocolate sauce sounds so good! Stopping in from SITS!ReplyDelete
I love this post theme! Your kids sound adorable and I love your moms method. I will admit when you said she used to chase you around with a rolling pin I was a little concerned at first. :)ReplyDelete
Grumpy Tuesday? It was good that you wrote a post then! I was just dropping by since you were so kind as to comment on my blog on Monday when I was the SITS featured blogger. Also, I'm hosting a giveaway on my blog (it ends Tuesday) if you'd like to come back by and check it out that would be excellent!ReplyDelete
Your fellow SITStah,
Stopping by from SITSReplyDelete
I've been pretty grumpy the past few weeks. I blame pregnancy hormones, but I'm pretty sure if my husband tried to roll a rolling pin on my belly I'd beat him over the head with it, but it sounds like something my daughter might like when she's being fresh.
Thanks for stopping by ladies!ReplyDelete