- My new baskets for my bench area. I have been waiting for the perfect find. Baskets that were unique and screamed my name. I finally found them. Take a look. Those amazing flowers are up-cycled baseballs. How awesome is that? My favorite is this old school picnic basket with a similar cored baseball. I'm in love with it. They will hold our hats and mittens perfectly.
- Bella Patina. The amazing new store in downtown Kalamazoo that has too cool refurbished furniture, up-cycled items, and awesome unique accessories. I loved every single item in the store. The only reason I walked out with just the three baskets is that we walked in ten minutes before closing on Saturday night. I. Must. Go. Back.
- Jillian has been referring to Myles as "My Myles" all week. I love it.
- Despite the fact that Myles was sick from Thursday to Sunday, he was in amazing spirits. He tried so hard to stay in a good mood, even though my poor baby was shivering from his fever.
- Jillian, in her pure innocence, accepts compliments with grace and happiness. So many women (myself included) have trouble accepting compliments. I could learn from her ease and self confidence (in moderation). She can handle any compliment without refuting the validity of the compliment, like I so often do (and was told so by a very smart woman today). Although, sometimes maybe she is a little too confident than would be socially acceptable by an age over three. In complimenting her, "You are so cute, Jillian," once in a while you will receive an, "I know" response. I guess modestly and humbleness is a learned trait?
- Myles is so excited about his half birthday next week. He is planning an elaborate putt-putt family outing for this weekend. The countdown has begun.
- Anytime Jillian finds an article of clothing that is too small, she wants to save it for her new (in utero) baby cousin, Josephine.
I'm Better Off Without List...
- Running too soon after dinner. I never knew I could belch like a man that had too much beer. I can. Guess that old wives tale to wait an hour after eating rings true...
- Sleepless nights.
- Riding Myles' Razor Scooter. Let's be honest...I'm just not coordinated enough for it.
- That Subway yeasty smell that sticks with you all day long. No need to ask where I went to lunch today...you can smell it.